Would you like to do your Master's thesis in a young startup, working on state-of-the-art speech recognition? Or are you looking for an internship with possibilities for a continuation afterward?
At Inscripta we are looking for (almost-)graduates to join the speech recognition team. During your thesis project or traineeship, you will get a single topic to work on with a senior speech recognition engineer. Possible topics that are available:
- Researching the effect of web-scraped text data for language modeling compared to using purposely-collected data.
- Improving acoustic models using the newest deep learning techniques
- Expanding our speech recognition system to a new language
- Improving the language independence of our model training pipeline
- Any topic that you want to do related to speech recognition or natural language processing that would benefit our systems.
If you want to do a thesis project with us, this can be done jointly with the Speech Recognition research group at Aalto University, led by prof. Mikko Kurimo.
We are looking for Master level students or graduates in Machine Learning or Computer Science with both an understanding of software development and machine learning. Most of all we look for a learning aptitude.
As we believe that your work will be valuable from day 1, we will offer you a 3-6 month fixed-term salaried contract. If we think you are a match with us after the initial period, we will offer you to come and work with us afterward.