Systems Engineer (C++)
Keywords: stock option program, remote work, flexible hours, Python, C++, algorithms, low-latency, networking
How do you recognize a successful startup? There’s more demand for our service than our product development can deliver – which is why we need you in our team!
Inscripta’s core solutions are composed of handling masses of audio data to a structured text format, efficiently, precisely and securely.
Did you know that on a daily basis, thousands of patient stories are dictated in our national health care districts, and that hundreds of people are transcribing these dictations, even around the clock?
Inscripta has developed a dictation and transcription solution which substantially increases the efficiency of the aforementioned processes. A key part of this is our own proprietary ML/AI based Speech Recognition module which is already among the best ones out there. We do however want to develop this system further to be the best possible. Not only for one language but for all possible languages.
This is why we are on the lookout for new talent to help us make these plans a reality.
As a Systems Engineer at
- Help us with the transformation of our product from offline batch processing to a low-latency realtime service
- Work together with our expert team to implement new features for our Speech Recognition systems.
- Help define the coding standards and practices inside the Speech Recognition team
- Work with the latest tools and libraries. You will have great freedom to pick the best tools for the job
- Help us to transform our recognition system to a product that will not only be used by medical professionals, but by every person the in the world.
- 3+ years of professional experience in C++ coding.
- Ability to quickly pick up any language that is needed to get the job done.
- You strive to make solutions that are lean and simple.
- Eagerness to adopt modern tools and practices in your work.
- Good communication skills, as the team is spread over different locations.
- Knowledge of modern software development practices such as unit tests, version control, and continuous integration.
- Ability to profile your code, find speed bottlenecks and solve them with smart solutions.
- Hunger for keeping in touch with the latest technology and improving yourself
- Interest in Machine Learning and other computational methods
What we consider as an advantage
- Experience with Python, Java, C
- Experience with bindings between different languages (Python/C++/Java)
- Experience with network communications (HTTPS/WebSockets/TCP)
- Experience with cryptography
- Experience with high-perfomance math operations (BLAS libraries / CUDA)
- Experience with AWS or other cloud computing environments
- Experience with GPU-based training of machine learning models.
- Experience with web development
What we can offer
Great colleagues in a flat organization.
Work in a fast growing startup using state-of-the-art technology
Highly challenging, but fun work
Competitive salary and stock option plan
Ability to grow as a professional and visit suitable conferences and workshops
A spot in our brand-new office in Helsinki or support in working remotely from anywhere in Europe.